Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, July 26, 2021

Gratitude

Time for some gratitude.

I am grateful for Adoring Husband who is still my greatest supporter and is always willing to help with anything that’s required, at home, at the shop and any other time I ask. He even offers when I don't ask. He’s my champion.

I am grateful for my bedroom which is my safe space to rejuvenate, regenerate, relax and regroup after busy days at work and where I love spending quality time studying, playing, journaling, reading, eating, drinking and viewing ‘stuff’.

I am grateful for my Zazen water filter that provides remineralised, alkaline water that hydrates me at a cellular level. I love my special water!

I am grateful for this beautiful extended Winter in QLD this year which is perfect for deep solid healing sleep snuggled under the covers.

I am grateful for Bubbles coming to visit me every year and becoming a strong loving shoulder to lean on.

I am grateful for Number One son who phones me regularly to keep our connection and to keep me up to date with his ever changing life.

I am grateful for Vegan Chickie who sends me pics of my grandbabies almost every day so that I don’t miss out completely on their rapid ‘growing up’ while covid keeps us separated.

I am grateful for my original ‘Burrum Babes’ and the bond that we have. They keep me grounded and their continuing support and willingness to include me in the lunches even though my limited availability limits their options makes me feel special.

I am grateful for my art girls who are hilarious and inclusive and supportive of each other, not only with their art, but also outside of class with the friendships that have developed and the social aspect that has changed the lives of many of them.

I am grateful for other local business owners in town, almost all of whom, support my own business and some have become close acquaintances who sometimes provide solid advice and are always encouraging.

I am grateful to be living in a place that has been minimally affected by covid 19 so we get to live our lives with fewer restrictions than most other Australians and lockdown for us is a distant memory (touch wood).

I could go on and on, but that’s enough for today.

I stayed in bed until 2pm today.

The training room was still set up for art, so AH and I drove to the shop to clear the mess and set up for morning coffee and journaling on Thursday.

We bought some groceries and checked the mail - I received a delivery of fashion items which I had to try on of course! Love the dresses. Love the denim jacket. Love the 3/4 length pants.

Can’t wait to show the girls.

Now it’s 11pm and I’m all Olympic gamed out!



Nite all.


No comments: