Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, July 30, 2021

Xmas in July

That’s what it feels like.

This week has been like the week leading up to Christmas! So busy!

I still haven’t had time to take photos of the new clothes.

There are a lot of new faces in town. Groups of women. Groups of couples.

They are all happy to see such a great shop in our little town and I still love to hear the gasps of excitement when they first open the door.

One lady today said “Oh! It’s like the Tardis! Looks so small from the outside, but it’s huge on the inside!”

I arose from my bed bright and early this morning to make chocolate fondue for the ‘decade of your choice’ party.

It took less time than I thought and we were opening the shop at 8.15am 😳

Adoring Husband had to take ‘not so psychotic anymore’ dog Colli in for grooming in The Bay.

I didn’t close the shop til a bit later than usual because it was so busy and by the time I got changed into my dress up outfit, then stopped at the drive through for some alcohol, I was about 40 minutes late to the party.

There were some interesting outfits and I wish I’d taken photos of the food because there were dishes there that took me back.




It was only 3 hours but it was fun singing along to the 70s music and the happy banter was contagious.


It has been a big day and I’m keen to climb into bed very soon.

I’m hopeful for another big day of sales to finish my week off with a flourish.

Nite all.

No comments: