Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Early Mark

I climbed into bed early last night and forgot all about blogging!

My apologies … especially to Lady Lynn 💐

Morning coffee was great yesterday with Reality TV Queen joining us for the first time in a long time. She didn’t have much of a chance to talk but it was lovely having her presence. I hope she comes again soon.

It was a good day of sales and I got some steaming done on the new clothes - I must take photos and post them tomorrow!

Surprisingly, I found some surplus stock and displayed it with gratitude.

I had customers still in the shop ten minutes after closing so journaling started a bit late, but was another productive class.

Soup was my choice of dinner, accompanied by a crusty GF bread roll.

I was in bed by 7.30pm , asleep by 9pm and slept soundly until 5am.

Which was perfect because I had to be up bright and early for meditation this morning!

It was a great class where we discussed the reasons we attended our first meditation and whether it has provided the answers we wanted and whether it’s still current and relevant to our needs. We also discussed the things we can control and what we can’t control.

Everybody hung around for 90 minutes afterwards and The Gypsy and I got completely lost in very deep conversation about God, the universe and the tests that both put upon us just when we think we’ve got a handle on ourselves and life.

The girls and I discussed the dance party we’re attending on Friday afternoon … we have to dress to suit our favourite decade from the 60s 70s 80s, bring a plate of food that was fashionable from that decade and we’ll be dancing to music from all three decades.

It sounds like fun and I’m making chocolate fondue in my fondue set for the occasion.

Today was a very good day for sales.

I ordered some more Jenny Jazz tops this afternoon and I’m surprised I hadn’t seen these gorgeous pieces before now. I can’t wait to see them in person and I’m pretty sure my name is on a couple of them!





It was a busy day.

My dinner of choice was a prawn and lettuce sandwich while I cooked a big dish of baked veggies for Adoring Husband to eat with his lamb chops.

I’m currently getting my weekly dose of The Bachelor and will be heading to bed shortly.

Nite all.


No comments: