Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Triffic Tuesdy

I had a good day.

Morning coffee with the girls was very enjoyable, even though I was interrupted for a long stretch by some pesky customers … who all incidentally spent a lot of money so … not so pesky.

The Happy Hippy steam ironed some of the new stock for me, which was incredibly helpful.

I was so busy with customers, not much else got done.

A local lady dropped in some hand painted ceramics that are 30 - 50 years old. She wants me to take them on consignment which I’m happy to do because they are beautifully done, but I know they’ll be difficult to sell. They are very old fashioned with an antique style and look, so it’ll be someone special who takes them.

I made an appointment with a supplier who will be in the area next week selling her beautiful jewellery.

The journaling class was great and we got a lot done.

I arrived home and cooked dinner straight away.

I started my mono cleanse today but was not well prepared so I didn’t take anything for lunch. 

Adoring Husband made my warm lemon water and celery juice this morning. I followed that with a litre of water at work and nothing else, so by 4pm I was starverated!

The tree loppers came today and did this to our Lily Pilly hedge …



I can’t wait for the regrowth to start because the yard feels very naked!

I prepared Peking duck for Adoring husband’s dinner and a big bowl of sweet potato, potato, carrot, Brussels sprouts and cauliflower.

For myself, I had steamed potato in their jackets with shredded lettuce and a squeeze of lemon juice over the top. I probably ate the equivalent of 2 full potatoes which left me very satisfied.

I admit that I’ve been craving my usual nightly vegan ice cream and have already considered giving up on the cleanse. But I will keep going. It’s only a week!

I’m drinking lots of water so I’m peeing a lot! That’s all part of the cleansing process.

Right now I’m yawning a lot so I’m off to sleep. 

There’s no meditation in the morning so I get to sleep in a bit.

Nite all.

 

No comments: