Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, July 23, 2021

Fleeting

Friday seemed to be fleeting.

Adoring Husband and I set up the training room ready for Saturday’s art workshop.

There was a steady flow of customers until about 12.30pm.

I researched some fluid art techniques and selected one for the class to try.

Next thing I know, AH arrived to help me shut up shop!

I spent the afternoon watching quiz shows.

AH cooked his usual Friday night fare.

Two football games to watch but AH headed off to his bedroom to watch the opening ceremony of the Tokyo olympics.

I was bored with that after 5 minutes.

I am no longer on the mono cleanse. Not the right one for me, although perhaps if I chose the banana or papaya, it might have been better for me. I love potato but I don’t think potato loves me.

There has been a bit of a Covid scare for our region, with a flight attendant on a flight to Hervey Bay testing positive. Watch this space for further developments.

Right now, there is ten minutes left of the footy and then I’ll be closing my eyes 😴

Nite all.


No comments: