Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, July 22, 2021

All My Friends

This is me at 2pm when my party was supposed to start …

This me 30 minutes later …

I had actually invited 33 people. Six responded to tell me they couldn't make it. Four told me they would ‘try’. Four offered apologies and valid excuses after I posted my sad Facebook pic. Four, I instinctively knew, wouldn’t come. The other fifteen looked at my (private messenger) invitation and ignored it.

Rude 😐

I still got reasonable sales and a party booking and I’m hoping to get a couple of online sales to lift the total so that I get a decent freeby + some money to spend. We’ll see what happens.

A couple of other ladies arrived after the party was over and we had a nice little group for beverages and nibbles.

I created a delicious platter of nibbles with grapes, strawberries, 4 cheeses, hummus, chicken liver pate, cabanossi, gherkins, fig paste, dark chocolate and crackers. There was a bowl of watermelon pieces, a bowl of chips and a bowl of mixed nuts.

Six bottles of alcohol - 3 of which got drunk.

It was actually a nice afternoon in the end.

Sales in the shop passed my happy minimum number by the end of the day.

Adoring Husband attended the big farewell for the boss of the local SES shed and the role was then handed over to AH so he’s going to be a busy boy.

It’s been a big day for both of us.

Time to sleep.

Nite all.

 

No comments: