Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Cold and Windy

It was cold and windy today.

For the first time since we moved here thirteen years ago, I wore a big thick woolly jumper. I believe I have definitely acclimatised!

It was sunny and the thermometer read 18°C but felt more like 14°C. Even the tourists made comments about the chill factor of the wind.

Our Winters are so short, I really enjoy the few cold days/nights that we get.

I passed my happy minimum sales figure today - the cold weather saw a few ponchos walk out the door!

It was way too cold for fishing, swimming, beach walking … all the smart people should have been inside!

I broke my mono cleanse tonight by eating a handful of peeled grapes 🍇 😳 mono cleanses are sooooo boring on the pallet! My brain was falling asleep! I doubt that I will see the week out.

I climbed into bed at 6pm because Adoring Husband was watching the Olympic Games presentation for the 2032 games.

Talk about boring 😳

Talk about a bunch of high and mighty pollies spinning a load of crap 😳

But don’t get me started.

Speaking of getting me started. This is very interesting …

 Rand Paul talks about vaccines


I watched the finale of Farmer Wants a Wife tonight. There was one surprise that I didn’t see coming.

This is the temperature outside right now …


Time to sleep. I have a big day at work + a Lorraine Lea party at 2pm in the shop tomorrow.

Nite all.


No comments: