Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, September 3, 2021

Thank you Universe

The majority of my day was steady.

Two more recently returned locals touched base with me. It seems strange that seven of my regular customers all left town around the same time to travel and all returned after a few months at around the same time!

They mustn’t have spent enough money while they were away because they spent freely in my shop.

Thirty minutes before closing I added up my takings and was feeling quite pleased with how the day had ended … but in fact, it had NOT ended … with 20 minutes remaining til close, a bare footed woman with fly away hair and wearing black bike shorts and singlet top came bursting through the doors and like someone on a mission made a beeline towards the clothes.

I could hear her rummaging and the wooden coat hangers were clapping together as she checked each item individually and within ten minutes, she walked to the counter with three of my high ticket items. She made comment how two of them would look fabulous together and then asked how much they totalled. 

She then rushed out the door declaring that she would return with money.

I trusted that she would return, packed the items and waited …

It felt like an eternity but five minutes later, she returned with a handful of cash, announced that I should continue posting photos on my Facebook page because that’s the second time she’s been drawn to the shop to spend a fortune.

Then off she flew with her bag of goodies.

Thank you universe for providing another magic day!

I had a practice run for art class on Saturday and figured out what I needed to change.


The Brains Trust visited with her 8 foot tall grandie (maybe I exaggerate a little) and a while after she left, Aggie popped in, still walking a little gingerly from her recent surgery.

Adoring Husband arrived to close the shop.

I arrived home, got changed, ate a late lunch, drank my anti-inflammatory tea and then had to bathe not so psychotic dog Colli.

She’s very old, has very few teeth so she drools onto her facial fur and it coagulates into black disgusting muck. The same thing happens around her weepy eyes so I sat her in the laundry tub full of water and worked her clean. I gave her facial hair a trim too.

It’s now almost 11pm and I have a big day tomorrow with art in the afternoon.




Nite all.


No comments: