Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, September 2, 2021

That’s Tricky!

I did actually write a post for yesterday’s “Howzat” heading but somehow the post got deleted and all you got was the title! 

Howzat indeed 😳

In a nutshell, Wednesday was a great sales day. Meditation class was low on numbers but we learnt about and discussed ‘ego’ and finding the sweet spot between inferiority and superiority where we feel no pain. 

Adoring Husband started to set up the training room for art.

I received more stock and had to rearrange displays to fit it in!

We tried GF soft shell tacos for the first time and loved them.

Thursday was a bit quieter. 

Average sales.

A visit from Mrs Bucket, The Artful Dodger and two locals who have just returned from extended trips around the state. It was nice of them to pop in and let me know they were back.

I received a box of Intrinsic stock which took an hour to process. 

I paid for other orders that have now been despatched and will arrive next week. Some giftware and some quality colourful leather wallets.

Gale force conditions sent my big heavy OPEN sign rolling up the path, into the car park and over onto its side! It’s a heavy monster for little ol’ me to be lifting back up. I managed it, though I almost busted my fufoo valve!

AH finished setting up the tables for art.

I decided to make myself a pot of Roogenic’s Anti-inflammitea when I got home this afternoon and I can’t tell you how calming that was - my body went into total ‘relax’ mode. I’m gunna get me some more of that magic tea! 

We had leftovers with hard taco shells for an early dinner so that AH could go to SES training.

We watched the acceptable outcome of The Bachelor followed by an acceptable outcome for the football.

It’s almost 11pm and time for me to sleep.




Nite all.

No comments: