Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, October 28, 2021

Down a Notch

Today was quite a bit slower than the first half of the week.

A few tyre kickers and a small number of paying customers but I did reach my happy minimum so no complaints from me.

Two boxes of new stock arrived. There were Himalayan salt lamps and coconut bowls …



After I processed that little lot, I set the training room up for the art class on Saturday because Adoring Husband is out of action with his bad back - the usual problem.

That took a bit of time because I didn’t want to injure myself with those big tables and I had to carry 6 of the heavy chairs into the change room and lay out the giant drop sheet on the floor. There is still more to do tomorrow but nothing heavy.

I paid yet another invoice - I seem to recall saying, just a few weeks ago, that I wouldn’t be ordering anything more before Christmas!

I guess it’s a good sign that stock is moving. I calculated today that I’ve sold 50 clothing items in 12 days - which means that I have 50 spare coat hangers for the new clothes that will probably arrive tomorrow or Monday.

There was time to wash my dishes and I even tried on some clothes! I didn’t take any home though.

When we locked up and left the shop, we took the long way home to look at some new houses that are being built. We drove along Riverview, Traviston and Louise to have a sticky.

I considered swimming for a while but by the time I unpacked the car, took the psychotic dog out to pee and did all the ‘things’, I just couldn’t be bothered changing into my swimmers so I made my anti-inflammitea and collapsed onto my chair in front of the telly.

I discovered that the Victorian Government won’t disclose the vaccination status of the 25 people who died of Covid in the last 24 hours. That would be because most of them were vaccinated - they ALWAYS tell us when the casualties are mostly UNvaccinated.

That’s annoying.

I found a new website where people can tell their vaccination stories …

And here is the link to read their stories and watch their videos from all over the world.

Telling Our Stories

I made a new sign to put on the front door of the shop today …

I wish I’d had the courage to put a similar sign on the door 4 years ago because the one thing that has always riled me is people with colds and flus coming in and spreading their germs - I also hated it in all my workplaces - so this serves a double purpose for me.

To end on a happy and positive note …



She’s so adorable 😍

Nite all.

No comments: