Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Ready to Rumble

I’m lying here in my bed listening to the very loud thunder rolling in the distance. It’s constant with no breaks and I can see the storm on the BOM edging closer, although the worst of it seems to be heading just north. I think we’ll get some rain out of it.

After we opened the shop, Adoring Husband assembled my two new tray tables.

I didn’t get much time with my girls this morning - because of those pesky customers - which was disappointing.

The Happy Hippy came to do a good session of dusting.

I was busy enough in the shop that I didn’t make my lunch until almost 1pm.

Even though I was busy, it was mostly with small sales so at the end of the day, the total was nothing like Saturday but well over my happy minimum.

I copied receipts, displayed some stock, rearranged displays, cleaned the toilet, swept the carpet (yes you read that correctly), set up for meditation and watered the plants.

As soon as we arrived home we both decided to hit the pool.

AH’s back is pretty bad at the moment, so it was lucky the water was tepid enough for him to slide in and take advantage of the weightlessness.

I swam some laps and floated for a bit. We were in for about an hour and it was glorious.

Dinner was leftover baked chicken and vegetables.

Now that the storm has passed, it’s time to sleep because I have an early start tomorrow.


Nite all.

No comments: