Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, October 29, 2021

Lucky Ordering

I didn’t fall asleep until 1.30am and was woken by psychotic dog Colli shrieking her ‘good morning’ to Adoring Husband as he arrived home from work at 6am.

I did some stretches, some breathing exercises and some kynergetics to get some energy moving through my body - while watching a 90 minute seminar by Dr Peter McCullough about Covid and vaccinations.

So it was a fairly productive and educational start to the day. 

I had surprisingly great sales in the shop with a steady flow of very happy women through the doors. It was a good energy day.

I’m feeling grateful that I ordered more clothes to arrive next week because I sold another 12 pieces today and since I put the jumpers on the outside rack this week, I’ve sold four! 

Shuffling stock around seems to help move it.

I was a bit too busy to finish setting up the art room.

I had some stock arrive today that I’d ordered three months ago!! AND it was only two thirds of the order!  Not happy Jan … and I won’t order from them again.

The day passed quickly.

AH’s back is still troubling him so he’s not much use to anyone right now. He is still trying to do more than he should in the way of ‘working’ but not a lot of what he SHOULD be doing like gentle stretches or exercises or swimming to help strengthen his core or by putting nutritious healing foods into his body during the day.

It will be another slow healing process and no doubt I’ll be doing some of his cleaning duties in the next few days.

I made him some crispy skinned salmon for dinner with a big salad so hopefully that will help a little.

It’s now 8.30pm and I am extremely tired. I’ve got some sleep to catch up on and I may need to get up extra early to help AH.

There is also the art class to deal with tomorrow.

Nite all.

No comments: