Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, October 25, 2021

Non-threatening

Our plan was to leave home at 10am. Things to do. People to see. Places to go.

Knowing that there were storms forecast for this afternoon, I decided to take advantage of the perfect morning conditions and go for an early-ish dip in the pool.

The water was exactly the temperature I like. Not too cold as to take your breath away as you slowly step into the shallow end and not too warm where it feels like a tepid bath.

I swam 14 laps and floated for a few gentle minutes enjoying the morning sunshine before reluctantly climbing out to make myself presentable to the world for our Bay adventure.

There was a LOT of traffic!

By the time we reached Craignish, it was bumper to bumper and as we stopped at those traffic lights, we had eight cars in front of us. It was well outside peak traffic times which made it all the more noticeable.

My first stop was Tinkerbells where I put money on my lay-by … 

While I was there, I saw a few pieces of jewellery that I really liked but showed remarkable self control and refrained!

We drove on to Aquavue for an early lunch - it’s our ‘go to’ because we never remember to book anywhere and we’ve never been turned away from there. I selected the grilled barramundi and Adoring Husband had garlic prawns. Both were delicious.

Our appointment with the financial advisor was not until 2pm which meant we still had time to kill so we went in search of something like this …

… for my sun bathing pleasure.

We found one at Big W and one at Kmart. We tried BCF and Fantastic Furniture but outdoor/leisure furniture retailers are few and far between in The Bay.

We also stopped at Spotlight for some more canvases.

As we parked for our appointment, a storm was looming. Big dark clouds and rolling thunder threatened us as we entered the building. Three quarters of an hour later we stepped outside into soft rain which was much nicer than we’d expected.

Grocery shopping was next on the agenda before we left the Bay.

On the way home we took a detour through Toogoom to check out a little house that’s for sale. It had an 8 foot high fence so we couldn’t see anything from the street but the other houses on the street were well established and nicely maintained.

There was soft rain all the way home and it’s been constant for most of the afternoon and evening.

It was almost 5pm when we arrived home and after we unpacked everything, I put my feet up for 20 minutes before preparing tortillas for dinner. Quick and easy.

It’s been a big day.

Sleep time for me.

Nite all.

No comments: