Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, October 23, 2021

Substantially Super

What a crazy morning in the shop!

Between 9.20am and 10.20am I made most of my sales for the day, which were almost record breaking!

It was out of control!

Between 10.20am and closing time at 1pm, I had perhaps six further customers, all of whom made purchases to make my total look quite substantial.

I had long break between customers around late morning so I made myself a fruit salad of banana, blueberries, mango and macadamia nuts covered in coconut yoghurt, wild blueberry powder and Kakadu plum gubinge. 


It was delicious and gave me a real energy boost for the remainder of the day.

I found a couple of boxes of little turtles which I unpacked, priced and displayed.

Before I knew it, Adoring Husband arrived to help close the shop and we were on our way home.

While I intended to jump in the pool for a couple of hours, once I parked my butt on the couch, that’s where it stayed.

We watched an old black and white Elvis movie - Jailhouse Rock.

Crumbed chicken with home made salsa for dinner.

Adoring Husband was feeling a bit the worst for wear and had an early night so I watched Crazy Rich Asians before coming to bed.

It’s very windy here tonight and there are some wild storms to the north and the south of us but I think we are in the clear.



Time for me to sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: