Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, October 22, 2021

Nick of Time

I was suddenly woken at 4.30am by a very heavy and loud downpour of rain that lasted for about ten minutes. I couldn’t get back to sleep after that so it feels like I’ve had a long day.

It was another slow and interesting day in the shop.

Not many people through the door but I did meet the lady who bought the house that Mrs Bucket once rented - the house where our wedding reception was held in 2010!

The house sustained quite a bit of damage in one of last weeks storms and the lady was telling me all about it.

The Brains Trust came for a visit, looking all windswept after her long walk.

I finally began clearing my desk and got halfway through it, cleared the art stuff from the kitchen and washed the dishes, changed a couple of small displays, checked my emails, ordered some tuning forks and jewellery pillow boxes as well as some logo stickers via Vistaprint.

I had time for lunch - prawns and a cup of tea, discovering that I have a resident huntsman spider that tried to hitch a ride on my hand!

Taking his arachnophobia into account, Adoring Husband has been warned to stay clear of the area!

This afternoon, just as I had resigned myself to another day of low takings, I had a lady enter and purchase enough to take me well past my happy minimum. That cheered me up no end!

It was nice to come home and sit with a pot of anti-inflammitea, share some of AH’s birthday cake while relaxing in front of our favourite afternoon quiz shows. It’s a nice way to wind down.

We watched the BOM closely as two very large and dangerous storms headed in our direction, and we were lucky to have them skim past us without incident.

This is one of the Doctors who I follow and listen to about all things Covid/vaccine related. 

He has (to use one of AH’s favourite sayings) “more qualifications than you can poke a stick at” and extensive experience in treating both Covid patients and vaccine injured patients. He has had papers published, conducted his own research and reads/analyses every inch of every study that has been conducted since this whole covid business began.

His brain holds all of the statistics, numbers, data that you can imagine and nobody can argue effectively against him because he is so factual and can back everything he says.

This is just one of hundreds of interviews in which has participated over the last eight months …

Dr Peter McCullough

It’s 10.30pm and I’m feeling a bit weary so it’s sleep time for me.

Nite all.


No comments: