Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Bit Annoying

I just have to say this … those new ads on TV about female urinary habits and incontinence, are really annoying me. I’m sick of hearing those words “A little bit of wee is not gonna stop me being me”.

Then there’s the product called ‘Wee Less’ for women ‘who wee more often than they’d like’.

Really?

I don’t recall seeing or hearing about products for men who have the same problem … and they DO have the same problems. Is that a pride thing?

*rolls eyes*

Anyway, that’s my little whinge for today.

It was a slow day for sales in the shop and I didn’t quite reach my happy minimum in takings.

I spent an hour on the phone with The Motivator this morning and we discussed all things Covid and health/immunity building.

That was followed by an hour of customer service.

I got to price and display most of the stock that arrived on Monday.

I had a visit from a future new resident and we spent about an hour looking at and discussing her new house plan and the changes she was making. I quite enjoyed that conversation and remembered with fondness how exciting it was when we were building our home.

I paid some bills, created files, printed invoices, spoke to reps, cleared some emails, made some lunch and a cup of tea, and before Adoring Husband arrived, I thanked the universe for a productive day and providing enough sales this week to pay for the obscene amount of money I spent on jewellery two weeks ago!!

My plans for when I arrived home went out the window because I needed to put my feet up and shut my brain down. I had planned on cleaning the ensuite and doing some ironing. Yeah … Nah.

Dinner for AH was leftover spaghetti Bolognese made with chicken mince. Then he ate my leftover paleo pizza from yesterday, along with five bananas 😳

I shelled two sand crabs, ate the meat out of the legs and felt satisfied enough to not need any more dinner so I ate a mango.

Trashy TV was the order of the night. Gogglebox and The Bachelorette.

Now I think it’s time to sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: