Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, October 21, 2021

What Was That?

What a weird day!

By 1.30pm, I’d only had 2 people through the door.

One lady spent $5. 

The other lady spent nothing.

At 1.30pm, two ladies wandered around the shop for ten minutes and bought nothing.

That was it!

Aggie came for a visit. I’m not sure how long she stayed because time flies when you’re having fun! I do know it was after midday when she left.

I had plenty of time to enjoy a crab sandwich and cup of tea for lunch.

The Happy Hippy came for her hour which she filled with steaming clothes and dusting, as well as telling me her terrifying story of being out at sea during last weeks horrible storms!

I took some advice from Aggie and put ‘sales’ stickers on a selection of Winter clothes that have been slow to move and placed them on the rack outside.

I put the last of the new stock on display.

I bought a cake mix so that I could make Adoring Husband a birthday cake …



… it was so sweet and rich and delicious with layer upon layer upon layer of tasty sweetness.

One layer of chocolate cake with a layer of chocolate sauce spread over that, then a layer of blueberries, followed by a layer of whipped cream, then more chocolate cake, with chocolate icing and lastly topped with strawberries.

Talk about a sugar rush!

It’s almost 11.30pm and I think the sugar is fading and the crash is imminent!


Nite all.


No comments: