Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, December 2, 2021

Come One Come All


Three NZ Doctors deregistered for asking questions, speaking the truth and disagreeing with government PHOs and mandates. They share some great facts that the media and others are withholding.

My day was incredibly interesting and highly unusual for the types of customers/visitors that came in.

When I say ‘some people’ I mean at least three …

Some people came in to verify that I was closing and expressed their disappointment and told me that the shop would be greatly missed.

Some people heard that I was unvaccinated and that the ‘covid mandates/situation’ was my reason for closing. They used their time attempting to convince me that I should ride it out and that things were changing fast. Blah blah blah

Some people came in to tell me that they too were unvaccinated and then proceeded to purge all the information/stats/data that they had accumulated.

Some people heard I was closing and had never been in the shop before so they figured they should check it out.

Some had absolutely no idea what was going on 😳

I got some more of the inventory done. It’s certainly eye opening! Who knew I that had built up such wealth in stock! I’m only a quarter of the way through as well!

I enjoyed a green smoothie for breakfast and for lunch, a few mouthfuls of leftover bangers and mash.

It was nice to put my feet up and relax watching my quiz shows this afternoon with my special tea.

Before I cooked dinner, I did a couple of loads of washing.

I concocted a chicken dish with mushrooms, onion, cherry tomatoes, garlic, red wine, my cauliflower soup  and a couple of tablespoons of chicken liver paté. Very tasty!

We watched an interesting show on United Arab Emirates before bed. An amazing country with a rich history and incredible wealth used to design and build beautiful architecture and find innovative answers to the environmental problems, like the excessive heat and bringing fresh water to their date plantations when their annual rainfall is only 5cm per year!

It made me want to go there.

Not so psychotic dog Colli had a haircut today …


Now it’s approaching 11pm so sleep time for me.

Nite all.

No comments: