Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, November 30, 2021

It’s Time

 From Bec 

“So now is the right time to share what I have been going through these last 8 weeks in the hopes to help someone else who has experienced something similar and spread awareness. This isn’t for opinions or political views this is to share what happened to me and what has happened to others. 8 weeks ago I had an adverse reaction to my first shot. I started to develop sharp stabbing pains in my chest which went on for most of the day. That night I got into bed to rest & see how I felt. The pains started to get worse, sharper and closer together. I started feeling these weird hot/cold heart surges then had the sharpest pain from my elbow to wrist then all of a sudden my whole left side went pins and needles and numb. I told my husband to call an ambulance. As he was on the phone I then started to shake uncontrollably as well as the chest sensations. The ambulance finally arrived & off I went to the hospital. The head of ED told me reactions like this haven’t been uncommon lately & a lady next to me has almost identical symptoms. He said this was an adverse reaction. Unfortunately the DR who discharged me the next day told me I was just anxious and to make sure I don’t skip the second. The next day I then developed the worst head pressure I have EVER experienced like my head was going to literally explode. For someone that has never suffered headaches or migraines this was scary. I was back in ED another 2 times within the next 1.5 weeks. Finally after the 3rd visit & first time at TCH it was confirmed I developed Pericarditis as a result of the v as well as a bunch of other issues that couldn’t be explained. The DRs & nurses at TCH were nothing short of amazing & investigated every avenue & confirmed it was an adverse reaction to the Pfizer. 

I’m still 9 weeks later having tests and appointments to get to the bottom of everything but I finally feel like it’s time to share. This is happening & as much as people hope it isn’t, it is real & it has affected my body. I am definitely better than I was 9 weeks ago & most of that is thanks to real stories like mine & taking charge of my own recovery when no one else knows what to do or say.

Part 2 

Today is actually 3 months post injury, I was back in hospital last week in the cardiac ward. Unfortunately I still have a headache /head pains still but the pressure seems to have gone for good and my muscle spasms are less and less. I finally feel like I won't be like this forever”

This is one of thousands of stories that mainstream media don’t share, so I’m going to share them here sometimes.

I was feeling better today, not great, but well enough to open the shop. It was hardly worth the effort with only two small sales all day.

The Happy Hippy did some steaming for me and I took delivery of candles and essential oils which I had to unpack, check, price and display.

Other than that, I took it easy because my energy is still low and my tummy is still a bit tender after cramping for two days.

In my head I’m already starting to make plans for my future without the shop. It doesn’t feel so happy anymore.

The world doesn't feel so happy anymore. Life is no longer under my control and I want to make the most of what little freedom I have left.

Sounds a bit morose doesn’t it?

I’ve started a list of all the things I’m going to do in the privacy of my own home that are going to bring me joy, peace and creative happiness.

My second retirement will be AMAZEBALLS!

Time for sleep. It’s 10.30pm and as long as the weather holds out, meditation should be on tomorrow.



Nite all.

No comments: