Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, November 29, 2021

Sickly State

I have been very unwell.

It all started mid Saturday afternoon with horrible stomach cramps - a bit like labour pains - they came and went every half hour or so and then increased in frequency until they were about 2 minutes apart.

I tried to sleep but couldn’t get comfortable. My muscles began cramping (ALL of them) and my legs were ticking so every time I dozed off, my legs jerked me awake.

At 4am the vomiting started - for 5 hours.

From 9.30am I had what felt like a marble stuck in my throat and sometimes it was a struggle to breathe. I couldn’t sleep for longer than ten minutes and tossed and turned all day. I was exhausted!

Finally, at 4.30pm I dozed off for 90 minutes.

It’s now almost 11pm and the only thing left is some tenderness in my tummy.

It definitely wasn’t food poisoning - I have my suspicions about what it was and I’m disappointed that my days off were wasted in this way.

I’ve had half a glass of tonic water with zinc in it, one slice of watermelon and an aspro twice during the day.

I’ve only just started to drink water because my stomach has stopped cramping.

It has been a long 33 hours.

Not as long as for Blonde Bombshell who is really struggling with her injuries from the car accident. 

She has to endure a list of surgeries a mile long and has a tough road ahead of her to heal the damage to her poor body.

Once again, life as she knows it will be changed forever.

Now it’s time for me to attempt a decent nights sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: