Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, November 27, 2021

Out To It

I fell asleep at midnight.

I woke at 2am to pee.

I next woke at 10am!

Good Lord!

Unheard of!

The Covid stuff filled my time until lunch time when Adoring Husband made me a coffee with macadamia milk and then I remembered the crab in the fridge so shelled some of that and sat on my couch with a plate full of crab meat and my macadamia nut coffee.

We watched a couple of fluffy Netflix Christmas movies.

I love fluffy Netflix movies - especially Christmas movies.

During all of this I watched the live streaming of rallies against covid mandates all over Australia. 

Launceston, Melbourne, Sydney, Gold Coast, Perth, Broome, Sunshine Coast, Ballina, and this is Hervey Bay …






Approximately 2000 in Hervey Bay.

And lots of regional areas.

Here’s something of interest. One of our locals who has magic hands with wood created this …

He asked me to paint eyes on Ned Kelly but they looked ridiculous so he cleaned them off and brought the completed piece back to show me.

It’s pretty amazing.

I cooked up a green curry chicken for AH’s dinner. I had more crab and a fruit salad.

Now it’s almost midnight!

I’ve enjoyed my whole Saturday off and now look forward to two whole more days of laziness.

Shout out to Blonde Bombshell who is hopefully recovering well in RBH after a car accident today. We are all thinking of you and sending positive healing energy in your direction.

Sleep time now.

Nite all.

No comments: