Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, November 25, 2021

Sisterly Love

My sister turned 50 today.

She was seven years old when I left home so it feels weird to think of her as 50.

I mailed her gift on Friday and she received it on Monday! Unheard of!

Happy birthday little sis. Luvyalotsxo 

My friend Lady Lynn also had a birthday today! 

Even though I think she wears her age beautifully, I know she is sensitive about it, so out of respect, I will not state it here. 

Screw that!

Happy 72nd birthday Lady Lynn 🥳💐🎂🥂🎉 

I love you and miss your face.

I had a busy day at the shop and had some great conversations with like minded people. I did not know they were like minded until today so it was a very pleasant surprise.

You know what I mean by ‘like minded’ right?

Of course you do.

Today, I received an email response from one of the Fraser Coast Council members telling me why he voted for keeping the vaccine mandates.

His response was nothing new and all he did was repeat the usual narrative coming from mainstream all the while telling me that he’s done his own independent research.

So I replied thanking him for being the one out of 46 to respond, suggesting where he could do some research and hoping that in the future he would find himself on the right side of history.

At the end of my day I had to dust off  my camera to meet the Dart Out man who took me to The Stokers house where I photographed a large jigsaw puzzle and a big old black dog.

This was a paying job.

For dinner, I made chicken and mushrooms in creamy garlic and white port sauce. Bloody beautiful with steamed asparagus.

I just watched the very happy ending to The Bachelorette. She chose well.

I had a small win in Powerball and aim to win the jackpot of $80 million next week.

Now I’m off to bed.



Nite all.

No comments: