Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Years Ago

Twenty four years ago today, I lost my Dad.

I can’t believe that it’s been that long.

He wouldn’t have coped with this pandemic business. He was a bit of a hypochondriac as he got older so he probably would have driven me bonkers!

I’m grateful that I haven’t had to worry about my Mum and Dad during this time. It must be very stressful for anyone with elderly parents.

It was a pretty quiet day in the shop and I didn’t quite reach my happy minimum in sales.

The thing worth mentioning today is that Fraser Coast Council voted 7 - 3 against the mandates that will be in place from 17th December, so we are a step closer to becoming a ‘pro-choice’ zone just like Yeppoon.

I took it upon myself to email the offending three councillors to ask them why. No reply as yet.

Also no reply from the 43 emails that I sent out yesterday!

I received a box of Intrinsic stock today. It was stock that I preordered a month ago and had forgotten about. There is another preorder of candles and oils due this week too.

It was duck breast with salad for dinner tonight.

I bought some macadamia milk through the FROG shop this week so Adoring Husband attempted to froth it with the coffee machine. It worked very well! It was too late in the day for me to have a coffee but I’m looking forward to a macadamia nut coffee in the morning.

Now it’s almost 11pm so I’d best sign off and snuggle into bed.

My Chicklet had surfing lessons on Phillip Island today.





Nite all.


No comments: