Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, November 26, 2021

Covid: Report reveals increase in risk of heart attack following the mRN...


This is when the long term side effects begin to reveal themselves and it’s important for everyone to know so that they can get help quickly if they begin to feel symptomatic.

I closed the shop at midday and still passed my happy minimum in sales so that was satisfying.

The only reason I opened today was because I had to make a sign for the door advising that I would be closed until Tuesday. I also had to put a post on FB about it. 

A customer was coming in to pick up a purchase.

I had to upload and edit the photos from yesterday.

On the way home, we stopped at the seafood guy and got some prawns for lunch. I also ordered 3 crabs to be picked up later in the afternoon.

I made prawn, avocado and mango salad with home made seafood sauce.

I was so distracted when we left the shop that I couldn’t remember if I’d locked the door so Adoring Husband kindly drove back after lunch to check it.

Then I realised that I’d forgotten to contact one of the art girls about the cancelled art class and her phone number was at the shop.

So at 4pm when it was time to pick up the crabs, we stopped at the shop so that I could make the phone call.

All in all it was probably a busier Friday than usual!

We’ve had some more nice rain during the day. 55mm on Thursday night.

I’m looking forward to my mini break - even if it’s only one more day off than usual! 

It’s already past my self imposed 11pm curfew so I’m off to sleep.



Nite all.

No comments: