Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, November 22, 2021

'What Percent Of CDC Employees Are Vaccinated?': Cassidy Grills Walensky...


Just a little mini video worth watching.

I had a lovely morning at Arkarra Tea Gardens with a combination of my art girls and meditation girls. We met for brunch but there was nothing on the menu that appealed to me so I ordered a pot of tea and watched ten ladies eat!

It was a very relaxed and funny morning and we discovered the one thing that we all have in common - a terrible memory! Our conversations were mostly filled with describing things or people so that somebody else could come up with the correct thing or name that we were talking about.

We were hilarious.


After only two hours we all said our goodbyes and headed home.

Well! The heavens that had been threatening all morning opened at the Toogoom turnoff and we could barely see the road in front of us. There were rivers flowing on both sides of the road and we aquaplaned a couple of times.

It was horrendous and with nowhere to stop we had to soldier on. It continued until we reached our turnoff where it was still raining but nowhere near as heavy.

I thanked the girls for delivering me safe and sound to my home and by this time I was feeling quite peckish so it was perfect weather for chicken soup out of the freezer and heated up on the stove top.

After lunch, Adoring Husband and I drove to the post office to pick up my parcel (Roogenic’s tea) and bought a whole chicken from the butcher for dinner.

AH had to drive to the local shops to meet a couple of tradies about some jobs that needed doing so I got to spend some time alone.

Roast chicken with sweet potato, carrot, zucchini, asparagus and home made gravy for dinner followed by berries and Zymil cream for dessert.

Trashy reality TV before bed.






It’s almost midnight so sleep time for me!

Nite all.

No comments: