Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, December 25, 2021

Merry Christmas

Today was my 5th Christmas Eve at the shop and the quietest of them all in sales.

Considering how consistently good my sales have been for the last two weeks, I was surprised by today’s result - not that it was bad by any means, just that it was not spectacular.

The Silver Fox visited me for a little while before lunch. Actually I had quite a few visitors today! A few of the meditation girls came by at different times, one of them celebrating a birthday.

The Gypsy celebrated a birthday today too - we messaged each other.

I had planned on staying open until 4 or 5pm but it was so quiet between 1pm and 3pm that I decided to call it a day.

This evening I continued my “Love Actually” tradition with Vegan Chickie. At 7pm my time (8pm down there) we hit PLAY and she watched it in Melbourne, while I watched it here - sending texts at our favourite or least favourite parts of the movie.

They are hosting Christmas at their place this year so they’ve been very busy all day preparing and decorating and setting up. I’m surprised she was able to stay awake for the whole movie!

I love our tradition 😍

Bubbles ended up with three stitches in her wound last night. Not quite the ‘shark attack’ scar that I expected but she should be ok.

As you can see, it’s well after midnight and I can just feel my body beginning to wind down to a sleepy pace.

As disappointed as I am that Beautiful Girl With The Long Blonde Hair couldn’t get here for Christmas, and as miserable as I felt this afternoon, I am going to make a concerted effort to keep my spirits high on Christmas Day.

We have lots of delicious fresh food - prawns, crabs, ham, watermelon, mango, lychees, organic salads and a few naughty but tasty treats. We’ll laze by and in the pool listening to cheesy Christmas songs and soaking up the sunshine.

It will be a perfect solitary Christmas for us.

I hope you all have a perfect day feeling the love of family and friends, eating, drinking and being super merry. Let the laughter ring out. Stay safe and be happy.


Nite all.

No comments: