Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Three More Sleeps

 I Am Not Misinformation

Interviews with Canadians about their adverse events.

Today was a great day.

The Happy Hippy came and dusted in the shop.

I was surprised when Aggie, The Brains Trust and Maid Marian came for coffee. I got to spend about half of the time with them between customers and Aggie now has me on a mission to search for some truths. Watch this space!

As you would expect in the week leading up to Christmas, sales were great so I was busy all day.

The Welsh Wonder and her hubby The Energiser Bunny popped in for a visit and stayed for about half an hour.

Just as we were closing the shop, the Speckled Hen phoned making enquiries about gifts for her granddaughter.

We chatted about the recent loss of her man and I invited her to come straight to the shop and select her gifts.

She looked frail and fragile as she unfolded the story of his passing and Adoring Husband and I hugged her tightly, though it just didn’t feel enough.

The usually tough little pocket rocket was far from that today and the coming weeks and months will be tough going for her. Luckily she is surrounded be a close and loving network of friends and family to help her heal.

After she left, we did a very big grocery shop at our local supermarket and butcher, stocking up for the expected January lockdown. I hope the prediction is wrong, but just in case … we are prepared. Our pantry and freezer is now full.

I did have to clean out the fridge and pantry to make space!

I cooked up the other duck breast for AH’s dinner with some veg and fig flavoured caramelised onion.

It’s now, once again, after 11pm. Sleep time!


Nite all.

No comments: