Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, December 23, 2021

One Sleep

Today was steady with great sales, but not super busy.

The caravan parks have already begun to fill up and the town is busy - as usual for Christmas/New Year.

More emotional discussions regarding the shop and it’s possible demise. Everyone is hopeful that somebody will buy, but I doubt it.

I didn't have time to finish counting the buttons and to be honest I was pretty buggered by the end of the day.

I pulled the teal blind closed behind the glass cabinets of jewellery and the whole blind fell and collapsed onto the floor between the window and the cabinets. That was bloody annoying for the end of the day.

We’ll figure out a temporary fix because there’s no point in replacing it if the shop is closing next month.

I was just chatting with my girl Bubbles and she is at the hospital in Sydney, waiting for treatment on a work injury. She fell over some racks and gashed her leg on some metal shelving (close your eyes if you’re squeamish) …

That will make for an uncomfortable Christmas 😕 Let’s hope she at least gets home before midnight tonight!

I’m feeling a bit sad that Beautiful Girl With Long Blonde Hair was unable to get over the border and won’t be here for Christmas. We had such big plans for Christmas, road trips and purchasing property. 

Now we have to spend Christmas together remotely.

Ugh 😩

We can only hope that some time in the future, our plans will eventually come to fruition.

It’s almost 11pm and you know what that means …




Nite all.

No comments: