Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, September 22, 2022

A Warm Hug

Last night, my bed wrapped its loving arms around me and welcomed me home by providing nine hours of solid sound sleep. The comfort factor was off the charts and I was SO happy.

I woke before my alarm sounded and I was feeling refreshed and ready to start my day.

We met the girls at the Lions Park for two hours of giggles, whinging, venting and full belly laughter.

We handed out produce from our garden. Kale, lettuce, basil and lavender which was very much appreciated.

After a couple of hours, we said our goodbyes and instead of going straight to the Post Office, BGWLBH walked and I rode home so that we could drive to the supermarket for all the goodies required for my planned afternoon of baking.

We prepared coleslaw and garden salad for lunch with tinned tuna on the side and a nice citrus dressing.

At 2pm I started to make a paleo lemon cake. The list of ingredients was a mile long and it took me a full hour to measure out everything and prep the tins. Things like 1T of lemon zest, 3T lemon juice, 1/2 cup honey, 1t baking soda, 2t baking powder, 1T collagen, 1C coconut flour, 1/2C tapioca flour, 10 eggs, 1T vanilla extract and so much more.

First I had to make lemon curd which took 15 minutes of whisking while it heated and then I had to cover it with plastic and let it set in the fridge while I mixed the cake ingredients.

I put it in the oven at 4pm and started preparing the meringue.

Then I began on dinner.

Chicken drumsticks done in the oven on a bed of onion and sliced pear and sprinkled with lime and chilli salt and thin slices of lemon wedged between each piece of chicken. Fried rice and a garden salad.

When the cake was done, I swapped it for the chicken dish and when the chicken dish was done, I swapped it for the meringue and turned the oven down low.

By the time I’d finished everything, I had been in the kitchen for four hours!

My back and my feet are complaining loudly BUT my bed has once again welcomed me and is easing the pain.

It’s been a long day and I’m ready to sleep.



Nite all.

No comments: