Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, September 23, 2022

Upanattem!

Much more energised today, although not too productive.

I finally unpacked my suitcase and did two loads of washing - one bag from the trip away and then a few bits and pieces.

I made breakfast and sat under the Bali hut because it was such a beautiful morning.

Adoring Husband had a coffee date so BGWLBH took advantage of us not being inside the house and vacuumed and dusted.

The two of us formed a team and did the side cabinet with all of the photos.

Because I had a 2kg bag of chicken thighs to use, I decided to make a big batch of butter chicken which I offered to my team for lunch and there was still enough to freeze two containers.

I made BGWLBH a juice of pineapple, orange, apple and passionfruit with coconut water and iced water.

We played “Who Am I?” trivia for about an hour until my quiz shows started on TV.

I made the sauce for Friday night chicken wings and marinated them for an hour before AH started the oven.

We played TV trivia for 90 minutes before the footy started and there’s 15 minutes remaining in the game where Cowboys are winning by 2 points!

So I’m off to enjoy that last 15 minutes.







Nite all.

No comments: