Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, September 22, 2022

Recovery Day

Today has been a recovery day for me.

After such a busy and tiring holiday, then arriving home and spending hours in the kitchen I felt completely drained when I woke up this morning.

I decided to remain in bed.

It was a rainy, stormy day so it was perfect for staying in bed.

I binge watched the rest of Cobra Kai. 

I watched some YouTube videos on unexplained excess deaths since the vaccines rolled out, on the royal family and how the global community will react/respond with King Charles now at the realm, how Biden has declared the pandemic over but Australia is still under emergency laws and how something BIG is going to happen 24th/25th September - something that everybody will remember where they were when it happened.

If this is true (and they don’t specify what it is), I believe it will have something to do with:

  • finances, stock market crash, digital currency or banks taking control of our money to save themselves.
  • perhaps something to do with the royal family
  • Putin vs Ukraine (aka USA)
I hope that on 26th I can say “well that was much ado about nothing!”

I got out of bed at 5.15pm and attempted to prepare a stuffed sweet potato with bacon, onion, garlic, kale, tomato, zucchini, spinach and pulled chicken.

The team ate all of it, even though I was disappointed with my efforts. I ate an orange for dinner.

I returned to bed straight after dinner.

Tomorrow is another day.

We picked all of these tomatoes from the garden yesterday and there are this many to pick tomorrow.


This is one of my purchases from Montville on Monday …



The garden loved the rain today.

I’m outta here.

Nite all.

No comments: