Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, September 19, 2022

Need Another Holiday

We need another holiday to recover from this holiday!

Today was Montville day.

I usually visit Montville every three or more years and I swear that hill gets steeper with every visit!

We picked Bubbles up from an agreed location at 9am and drove straight to Montville where we enjoyed the views and breakfast at The Edge Cafe …

From there, we walked across the road to visit the first crystal shop and slowly made our way down the hill, stopping at different shops along the way.

We searched high and low for fresh juice, to no avail.

Before we’d stopped in all of the shops (after about 2.5 hours) we were buggered and could do no more.



We decided to pack all of our purchases into the car and drive to Buderim but changed our minds halfway there and drove to Sunshine Plaza instead - where we knew we could get fresh juice!

We sat outside drinking our juices and reminiscing then went inside searching for bike shorts and capris pants, which we found.

It was time to drop Bubbles off where she would claim a lift home with her BFFs husband and we headed back to our apartment.

Sadly, our Asian Restaurant wasn’t open tonight so we decided to try the bistro at the RSL Club. We enjoyed butterflied chicken breast with pepper sauce and salad. Delicious and tender chicken with a pepper sauce packed with heat. Most enjoyable and only a seven minute drive from our accommodation!

It was so nice to spend quality time with Bubbles today and she gives the longest warmest hugs ever. We had lots of giggles and big belly laughs that almost made me pee my pants! Dangerously close!

Now BGWLBH and I have partially packed and will be making our way home tomorrow. We have a couple of stops planned along the way and will take our time getting there.

It’s been a great day but I wish we’d taken a selfie!!

Nite all.

No comments: