Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Prepping Again

BGWLBH and I headed into The Bay bright and early this morning.

After all of the meteorologists laid down their weather predictions on social media over the weekend, we decided to prepare for possible road closures and food shortages by the end of next week.

We made a long list and after enjoying a delicious breakfast at Dan and Steph’s, we gradually filled the car  with all of our necessities including a stack of fruit which we pealed and chopped and bagged and froze for future smoothies and fruit whips!

The pantry is bursting at the seams and the fridges and freezers are almost completely full. With all of that and our flourishing vegetable garden, we will be sitting pretty even in the worst case scenario.

We visited Office Works, Spotlight, Coles, fruit and veg kiosk, newsagent, chemist, bakery, Su Jus, jewellers for a new watch battery and Mister Minit for a garage remote battery.

We still forgot three things on the list!

On the way home I phoned A Taste of Burrum and ordered grilled barramundi and sweet potato chips for lunch to be picked up at 12.30pm. That gave us time to unload all of our goodies from the car before picking up the food.

So we got a LOT done in a short time AND we picked up the FROG box on the way home.

It took an hour to chop and bag all the fruit and I got to sit down for two hours before making zucchini slice muffins and salad for dinner.

It’s almost midnight and I’m exhausted!








Nite all.

No comments: