Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, October 21, 2022

Nonpictorial

I didn’t take any pics!!

I had a reasonably early start to the day and worked my butt off in the kitchen for about four hours.

The dishwasher had been emptied onto the bench so while the kettle was boiling for my tea, I put the dishes away.

BGWLBH then wanted to decorate the table for lunch so I went searching for the brand new table cloth and runner.

While she did that, I emptied the loaves of fresh bread and bagged two slices at a time to freeze.

She found the party hats and went searching in the garden for flowers to scatter on the table.

Meanwhile, I made the GF chocolate mud cake, decorated it with chocolate icing and chopped strawberries, added the candles and whipped some cream for serving.

Adoring Husband’s birthday wish was for roast lamb and veg, so I set about preparing that for a late lunch. Lots of veggies and home made gravy.

We sat down to lunch at about 1.40pm.

We sang happy birthday (very badly with BGWLBH singing base and me soprano) to AH and he had two helpings of cake.

He loved his new Cronulla shirt and Dolphins beach towel.  BGWLBH made a beautiful framed hand drawn picture and hand written story about Libra and Taurus. It was perfect.

It was a pretty good day with lots of birthday phone calls and messages.

I had to lie down for a nap at about 4.45pm and dozed on and off for an hour.

I didn’t bother cooking dinner and the others snacked on leftovers.

AH and I watched a couple of fluffy movies before heading to bed.

The birthday boy …

Now I’m off to sleep.






Nite all.

No comments: