Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, October 17, 2022

It’s Coming

I didn’t open my eyes until 10.30am 😳

Shocking!

Drove into The Bay with BGWLBH to purchase Adoring Husband’s birthday present today.

I know he’ll love it.

Spent the afternoon in the kitchen.

BGWLBH made pumpkin soup and we all sat down to a tasting - delicious! As always.

I made apple tart in the cast iron pan followed by duck breast with spicy peach sauce, charred zucchini, green beans and sweet potato chips.

I whipped up some fresh cream with vanilla for AH and I to have on our tart. I made apple and passionfruit sauce for BGWLBH to have on her tart.

Watched The Block am now in bed.

It’s been a very wet day and the forecast is looking bleak for the next ten days. Very bad floods are predicted for NSW and QLD. Some predictions are using words like ‘catastrophic’ and stating that in comparison, February floods will look like a walk in the park.

What started out as just the BOM and Higgins Storm Chasers issuing warnings has now led to a number of meteorologists adding their 2c worth and one from USA talking about flooding of biblical proportions in Australia and warning farmers to move their cattle to the highest ground, opening gates to give animals an escape route when things get bad, start filling sandbags NOW and if you’re not in a safe area get out NOW.

It looks like 400+mm down in the Riverina and southern NSW. Towns mentioned to be on high alert were Narrandera, Batlow, Grafton, Lismore, Ipswich, Boonah, Maryborough, Bundaberg, Gympie. A very wide area but they also mentioned areas of NT, SA and VIC.

Our little town will get wet too but the problem for us will be food shortages with roads blocked north and south.

It will be interesting to see whether the forecasts are accurate and which of the forecasters are the closest to the mark. I hope it’s not the American.

Time for me to sleep.






Nite all.

No comments: