Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, October 22, 2022

Problematic

Well the weather forecasters have been pretty spot on so far.

Tin Can Bay has received more than 450mm of rain and have SES crews from Burrum Heads, Maryborough and Hervey Bay sent on location preparing for the worst.

Bundaberg was completely cut off in all directions by midday today. I don’t know if that has changed since the rain eased.

Childers received 155mm and The Gypsy at Dallarnil is completely surrounded by water and her vegetable gardens washed away for the 2nd time.

Tiaro is on a minor flood warning and Gympie is on flood watch.

Maryborough was on minor flood levels but that eased as the tide went out.

There have been landslides cutting roads between Grafton and Glen Innes.

Gunnedah is expecting record floods and is on high alert for evacuations.

My cousins farm in Gundiah is cut off in both directions as the bridges leading to her property are now under water.

Now we wait to see if the low that caused the damage and headed out off the coast, returns to give us a second helping.

The biggest rain event, according to some predictions, should be happening in another week so we may not be out of the woods yet.

We had 44mm overnight and we haven’t checked the rain gauge for today. We had about four hours of steady to heavy rain during the day which made it perfect for staying in bed watching videos and movies.

I made my own breakfast and brought it back to bed.

BGWLBH and I met in the outdoor area for a cup of tea at about 2pm and we chatted while watching the rain fill the pool.

We returned to our rooms.

Adoring Husband overcooked our chicken nibbles because he didn’t hear the timer go off so we ate charred, dried out chicken bits for dinner.

We returned to our rooms.

My joints have been a bit achy from this weather but I’ve enjoyed spending the day in bed and listening to the rain.

Let’s see what tomorrow brings.








Nite all.

No comments: