Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, October 23, 2022

Crazy Cooking

Vaccine compensation claims and Pfizer did NOT know if the vaccine stopped transmission when they released it. It was even announced with a laugh.

Now, little by little, all the stuff that I’ve posted on here over the last 2.5yrs is being trickled out onto MSM.

Of course I was a conspiracy theorist and people dumped me from their lives and even ghosted me but Mainstream media release tiny pieces of the same information over a long period of time so that it’s not ‘in your face’ and nobody bats an eyelid.

Don’t even get me started.

Today was a day of two extremes.

BGWLBH has another sinus infection. Her second in four months. She looks, sounds and feels dreadful so she spent all day in bed.

I remained in bed until 11am.

I made a cup of tea and decided to get cooking in the kitchen.

  1. A paleo chocolate/caramel fudge brownie.
  2. A paleo carrot cake with lemon cream cheese frosting.
  3. A shredded vegetable salad with cauliflower, broccoli, carrot, parsley, sesame seeds, lemon juice maple syrup and diced orange flesh.
  4. Coconut crusted chicken bites with spicy pineapple dipping sauce.
  5. Sweet potato French fries.
  6. Tomato, cucumber, avocado salsa.
That took five hours of my very precious time!

The brownie is delicious. The carrot cake heavy but nice. I like the shredded veg salad and am looking forward to having it on toast in the morning with some ham. The coconut crusted chicken was ok but the recipe has some flaws that I need to work on - there has to be a better way.

Im a bit slack with the photo taking aren’t I? I need to pull myself together!

My joints have been aching like nobody’s business today, especially my elbows. I definitely felt like an old woman as I worked in the kitchen.

I’d say that this week is going to be quiet with BGWLBH bedridden.

AH wanted to get a hair cut so we might head into The Bay some time. Rain is forecast for Tuesday and then again next weekend so we’ll have to choose our day.

I forgot to mention that Number One Son gave me a call on Saturday afternoon. He’s very happy with his new girlfriend who he has been dating for 6 weeks. He has just recovered from his second bout of Covid-19 (so glad he got all those protective shots) and has spent a couple of days in Adelaide with the unenviable job of firing a few people.

He’s doing well and I'm really happy for him.

The weather has certainly improved for us here, not so much for the southerners and it’s looking bad for poor Lismore again. Moree and Gunnedah are badly flooded and there are massive storms hitting locations all over NSW and VIC.

That’s all my news for today… except for clever Chicklet’s latest drawings …


and now I'm off to the land of nod.



Nite all.

No comments: