Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, October 24, 2022

Panic Stations

This afternoon, the steamy muggy weather produced storms. They were popping up everywhere and joining together to form a wall, then separating and moving in different directions.

They intensified and then dissipated keeping everyone on their toes. Higgins Storm Chasers even posted on Facebook specifying that Burrum Heads was in danger of being impacted by a possible tornado. I can’t find that post now, but I found these …

3:50PM WIDE BAY DANGEROUS SUPERCELL INC. TORNADO POTENTIAL: A very dangerous supercell is located over Howard and Torbanlea. This cell is moving East and is LIKELY producing destructive winds, giant hail & heavy rainfall. There is enough gate to gate shear for a TORNADO to be possible! 

This storm is LIKELY going to impact Torbanlea and the area South West of Hervey Bay. SEEK SHELTER NOW!

3:55PM WIDE BAY DANGEROUS SUPERCELL INC. TORNADO POTENTIAL: A very dangerous supercell is located over Howard and Torbanlea. This cell is moving East and is LIKELY producing destructive winds, giant hail & heavy rainfall. There is enough gate to gate shear for a TORNADO to be possible! 

This storm is LIKELY going to impact Torbanlea and the area South West of Hervey Bay. SEEK SHELTER NOW!

When the first storm was very close and the warning came up, Adoring Husband and I rushed outside to pack away the pool furniture and cushions into the pool kitchen room.

At that time, the storm was almost directly above us and it was loud and threatening but thankfully it blew out to sea and all we got was about 5 minutes of rain!

It was serious enough for me to clear space in my walk in robe (which is quite small) for AH, Colli and I to fit if the storms came with full force.

Fraser Island, which has its own weather system, has a big impact on storms that come in our direction. More often than not, storms split and move away from us or simply dissipate to nothing just before they reach us.

This is a good thing.

So it’s now 11pm and there are a few showers about, but no storms.

BGWLBH is still unwell and spent the day in her room.

I did nothing productive all day except cook dinner tonight.

That’s ok.




Nite all.

No comments: