Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, October 28, 2022

For Art’s Sake

After doing some washing and considering a swim a the pool, I chose to stay inside and get my art on.

Using a glue gun and inflicting third degree burns on the tips of two fingers, I managed to put this together…

I’m pretty happy with it, although I feel like it needs something more, I’m just not sure what.

This is the jewellery tree that I’m making for Chicklet. I haven’t glued it all down yet but it has the last gold pendant that I gave my Mum for her last Christmas … 

A New Zealand medallion because that’s where she was born …

The grain of rice that I had her name engraved on …

Zombies, cats, owls, Harry Potter coin, bats and dragons because they are things she has loved over the years, ‘you are my sunshine’ because she is my sunshine, “and though she but little, she is fierce” pendant which I bought when she was a baby, “when I grow up, I want to be me” with a thistle because she made a slow motion video of herself blowing the seeds off a thistle and, of course, the key to my heart.

On Vegan Chickie’s advice, I will, one day, give it to Chicklet in person so that I can explain all of the components to her and why I chose them.

Who knows when that may be but I hope that time is not too far away.

Thank goodness it’s Friday because I began to stress over what to cook for dinner when I realised it was Adoring Husband’s night for dinner!! Ha!

We just watched the old ‘Hocus Pocus’ movie (Bette Midler) and now I think I might go to bed.

The pool will definitely be calling my name tomorrow.



Nite all.

No comments: