Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Nil Nada Zip

BGWLBH is still unwell but improving which is great.

This meant that I rode by myself to the Lions Park for coffee with the girls. There were five of us and the morning ranged from tearful distress to cheeky giggles and belly laughter. An emotional roller coaster if you will.

I returned home before midday and spent an hour preparing three different lunches for we three.

The afternoon was spent on my butt doing nothing of value.

I baked a whole chook with a tray full of veg for dinner. Sweet potato, potato, pumpkin, carrot, onion and buttered beans and asparagus with home made gravy. Delicious as always!

Adoring Husband slept in his chair while I watched The Block and then came into my room at 9pm, upset because I’d deserted him! So I played my miniature violin, kissed him good night and told him to bugger off 🤪

That’s the long and the short of my day.







Nite all.

No comments: