Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, October 29, 2022

A Little Productive

I ate breakfast by the pool at 10am.

I swam, exercised and floated in the pool for an hour.

I spent an hour in my art space sorting through some old jewellery and choosing what to keep for my own art and what to offer participants in my future classes.

I cooked/baked for an hour, making paleo caramel chocolate fudge.

I watched Pirates of the Caribbean with Adoring Husband.

I prepared lamb chops, leftover frittata, char grilled zucchini, salad, sweet potato discs and garlic mushroom sauce for dinner.

Before I came to bed I watched the latest Ghost Busters movie. I think it’s my favourite of the four movies that were made.

While listening to some music as I lay in bed, I started some coloured doodling. The lined paper is not easy to work on and I don’t know how this is going to evolve, or even IF it will evolve, but the colouring is very therapeutic for me.

Actually all art is very therapeutic for me. It puts me in a meditative state and calms my mind.

I have no Sunday plans but I’m pretty sure the pool will be another goer. The water was absolutely perfect today and I imagine I’ll have a lot of days soaking up the sun and stretching my body with swimming and exercises over Spring and Summer.





Nite all.

No comments: