Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, October 27, 2022

Baby Win

I am NOT $160million richer.

I AM $37 richer.

A little disappointing.

My plan for making a LOT of people financially comfortable has gone by the wayside.

For now.

BGWLBH and I drove into The Bay to purchase our lotto tickets today and while we there, we stopped at Bunnings to grab some piping for the Zodiac pool cleaner. After four years, the pipe has split and deteriorated and needs replacing.

For dinner I made a couple of roast vegetable frittatas. One with cheese and cream for Adoring Husband and one without for BGWLBH.

I also used up the remaining roast veg and chicken to make a bubble and squeak. 

Lots of goodies from the garden to make a salad to go with dinner.

There were more storms tonight with thunder that rattled the windows! The wind blew the rain directly onto the front windows and the rain was very heavy for about 20 minutes. It’s the first storm that has hit us full on for quite some time. It was a little scary.

I think I’ll focus on some art tomorrow.





Nite all.

No comments: