Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, October 30, 2022

Intentions Unfulfilled

My plan was to rise early on this beautiful Sunday morning and be productively active, creative and artistic.

Instead I was woken before 5am by not so psychotic dog Colli who was screeching at the laundry door for a toilet break.

Naturally, it was too late by the time I reached her, so I took her outside to finish the job, cleaned up the mess she’d made in the laundry, washed my hands, made a cup of tea and toast and returned to bed.

By 7am I was dozing so I rolled over and went back to sleep until 10.30am!

This is when I got up, changed into my swimmers and headed out to the pool where I swam 15 laps, floated for a LONG time, did some stretching and then sat under the Bali hut until 12.15pm.

Inside I grabbed the leftover chicken wings from Friday night and plonked myself on the couch to watch the new Netflix movie ‘The Good Nurse’ which is based on a true story.

Next, I made a cup of anti-inflammatea and took a piece of caramel chocolate fudge from the fridge and I selected a fluffy romance to watch which would take me to the time I needed to prepare dinner.

Vegetable laksa, sweet potato chips and crispy skinned chicken for dinner.

Back to the telly for a very boring episode of The Block.

Here I am back in bed with better intentions for tomorrow.







Nite all.

No comments: