Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, November 4, 2022

Not so Psychotic

Not even ten minutes after BGWLBH and I had left home for a trip into The Bay, I received a phone call from Adoring Husband to say that Colli had collapsed in the back yard and wasn’t able to get back up on all fours.

While he was checking her over he found a terrible red raw blistered rash on her lower belly.

So he called the vet and took her straight in.

Dr Amanda said that Colli had a very high temp and asked AH to leave her at the vets office for an hour or two so that she could check her over (they were incredibly busy with a full waiting room and people waiting outside) to figure out what was wrong.

Apparently Colli howled the whole time she was there 😳

They shaved her belly and groin area, checked her over for ticks and came to the conclusion that she had been bitten by something (perhaps a spider) so prescribed medication and a cream, both of which have to be administered twice a day for a week.

Dr Amanda said that AH had done the right thing because her temp was in the danger zone and she needed help immediately.

She lives again. I swear she was a cat in a previous life … nine lives and all that.

Meanwhile BGWLBH and I ate breakfast at Dan & Steph’s while AH dealt with the stress. He handled it very well and proved himself quite capable.

We had a big day with a long list of errands to run.

I purchased a bag full of macrame rope and I’m going to teach myself how to macrame!

OR 

I’m going to give up before I begin and have BGWLBH do it for me!

We’ll see.

I also bought myself some charcoal pencils, blending pencils, a titanium sharpener and a ‘Layflat’ visual journal.

My imagination is a little out of control at the moment so I’m not exactly sure where I’m going to start with the charcoal pencils. I need to meditate and slow my mind.

We arrived home after 3.30pm in time for me to make the spicy chicken sauce for the wings that AH was cooking.

Colli was looking pretty happy to see us home and seemed quite content.

To get her to take her medication, I crushed her 1/4 tablet into some honey and put the honey on the back of AH’s hand.

Colli licked it clean but one of AH’s biggest ‘creep outs’ is getting sticky so he was grunting, groaning and complaining loudly through the whole process.

You can imagine 🤣

Anyway it’s time for me to sleep now.







Nite all.

No comments: