Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, October 31, 2022

Busy in Bed

It was lunch time when I ventured out of bed today.

I was watching a Netflix series called “The Vatican Girl” until 2am and I didn’t wake up until 8.30am.

My morning was spent watching YouTube and Rumble videos, catching up on emails, online shopping and facebooking.

At lunch time I made myself bacon, poached eggs and tomato.

My afternoon was spent planted in front of the telly until I took my washing off the line and made lamb rissoles with sweet spicy dipping sauce and a salsa made with cucumber, tomato, pear, apple and avocado.

No swimming. No art. No housework. No nothing.

My first born, Jamie, would have turned 44 today, if he’d lived. I thought about him a lot.

My Melbourne family all dressed up and made a great effort for Halloween in gale force conditions down south …







We had big “witch” plans this year but BGWLBH has been unwell for ten days so our costuming plans fell apart and even though I had enough stuff to put together an outfit, my motivation level was non existent 

Some more creative artwork from Chicklet. I LOVE the cat!


She is amazing for just aged ten.

Apparently there is some weather heading in this direction. It’s a long way to the West but I can hear faint rumblings in the distance.

Let’s hope it’s not too significant.



Nite all.

No comments: