Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Wind Swept

It was a windy gusty day.

My sleep was broken so I was tired from the beginning.

BGWLBH and I walked and triked to the Lions Park for morning coffee with the art/meditation girls and there were seven of us today.

Klokka brought a home made loaf of cranberry and banana bread while BGWLBH and I brought chocolate fudge. Everyone greedily gobbled up the goodies.

We all compared art stories and shared photos, talked trashy TV, discussed results of a couple of medical issues, followed up on last weeks kid stories and planned a big “thank you” lunch for next week.

BGWLBH left for home and I rode to the post office and supermarket.

Riding the trike was easy with a strong tail wind but boy that head wind was almost my undoing! I considered getting off and walking the trike home but I persisted and finally arrived home to find BGWLBH sitting out in the alfresco area.

Adoring Husband had left to pick up the FROG box and had locked the house. BGWLBH didn’t have her key so she had used some time to pick some produce from the garden and then waited patiently for one of us to turn up.

I was the first home to let her in.

She made bacon and eggs for her lunch. I made fried rice with the leftovers from last night. AH had the leftover curry chicken.

AH and I watched a fluffy Netflix movie together and one of my quiz shows before I prepared dinner.

I was quickly running out of energy and was feeling incredibly lethargic, so much so that I lay on the bed for 15 minutes before getting to the kitchen.

I prepared lemon honey chicken with chilli salt and a side salad but I didn’t join the others at the table. I came to bed and dozed for half an hour. 

Now I’m signing off to get some sleep.






Nite all.

No comments: