Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, February 11, 2023

Busier Than Usual

There was much to do this morning.

Harley and I were up at 5.30am and unbeknownst to us, we were alone in the house for more than half an hour!

Adoring Husband starts work an hour later on Saturdays so he had just left and BGWLBH had left at 5.15am for her morning walk.

I poured myself a cup of warm bone broth out of the slow cooker and sat quietly at the little round table in the family room with Harley curled up at my feet and listened to the morning silence. It was quite lovely.

BGWLBH was the first to walk through the big gates and as soon as Harley heard that familiar click he tore out the door to greet her in his usual bounding manner and almost knocked her off her feet!

Our three little dogs used to yap loudly and run around in circles to greet us so this bounding and jumping by a big dog is a new phenomena for us. It’s the next bad habit that we have to train him out of doing.

While BGWLBH made her tea, I fed Harley a large hearty breakfast.

I then rummaged through the pantry for the broth storage containers and went about filling them and placing them in the freezer.

Next I separated the fresh bread into 2 slices per bag and placed them in another freezer.

I emptied the dishwasher and refilled it.

Spent some quality time with Harley in the pool area.

I sent AH to the local shops to purchase our meat for the weekend and food + bones for a week for Harley. This meant more time for me in the kitchen measuring and bagging meat and separating the bones for bagging/freezing too.

There was time spent in the art room working on an idea for a canvas. I did this on a small sketch pad as part of an idea and so far I’m liking most of it, especially the colours …

Then I napped for an hour.

I started working on an octopus …

I found a whole lot of different octopus shapes so I’m going to do a series of octopus paintings interspersed with my jellyfish paintings.

I prepared a big lasagne and while it cooked in the oven I spent 30 minutes giving Harley a workout fetching and swimming.

I then made three mini fresh garden salads to serve with dinner.

Everybody, except me, had a double serving of lasagne so that makes for a successful dinner!

While the others cleaned the kitchen I took Harley outside for another round of fetching and swimming. He loves both but I can outlast him any day of the week. He always gives in before I do!

We watched some more preseason footy games.

Now I’m in bed and Harley is sound asleep.

I’m hoping to be arty farty again tomorrow it’s sleep time for me now.





Nite all.

No comments: