Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, February 9, 2023

They Lied

They lied about Myocarditis

Had a nice day in The Bay today.

It started with coffee at Cody’s Coffee Shack on the Esplanade and while BGWLBH attended an appointment, I walked to the closest shopping area and purchased a pair of green jeans with sparkling stars and a white linen top. The next shop had a nice beaded necklace to go with the outfit and I found two lovely little dresses for Hazie.

An hour later, BGWLBH joined me and we enjoyed breakfast at Aquavue. I ordered GF Canadian pancakes and the meal was HUGE! Four big pancakes, two full rashers of bacon, a whole banana and all of it drowning in maple syrup.

Absolutely delicious but I ate about one third of it. Such a waste 🫤

We visited Nanas Pantry, Office Works, Coles, Newsagent, Chemist and Choice.

Stopped to check the mail and pick up our meat order before going home to make a delicious smoothie for an afternoon refresher.

It took ages to unpack all of our goodies so I sat down for an hour to rest these old weary bones and decided to give Harley an hour of my full attention around the pool where we played fetch for quite some time before he jumped in the water to cool down.

At 5pm I prepared dinner of barbecue glazed chicken thighs, roasted pumpkin, potato and cherry tomatoes with steamed beans and broccoli. It was quite delicious.

Pre-season footy matches have begun today and Adoring Husband is excited that his team plays tomorrow evening.

I don’t really care because pre season games are never an indication of how the teams will fare during the actual season. The coaches never field their strongest teams so it’s impossible to tell how strong any team really is.

I’m yawning like crazy so I’d best sleep now.







Nite all.

No comments: