Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, March 30, 2023

Good Morning

My morning was way too productive!

I was up at 6am, thanks to Harley, so I made a cup of tea and sat for 20 minutes before giving him some breakfast.

My emails hadn’t been checked for a few days so I took almost an hour to clear some of the 8,555 that were sitting in my inbox.

The usual bacon and eggs for breakfast for us all and while Adoring Husband cleaned my mess in the kitchen, I took Harley out to play in the pool area for about an hour.

I sent Adoring Husband to the shops to pick up our order from the butcher and to check the mail.

In the meantime, I cooked up a big pot of broccoli, sweet potato and pumpkin to add to 3kgs of raw beef mince, 3 eggs (shell included), 2 tablespoons of hemp seed and a special mix that strengthens joints. That made up seven days of meals (twice a day).

I bagged two loaves of bread - two slices in each bag - to freeze.

Next I cleaned the toilet. Toilet duties were not mine for the past year so I needed to give it a good solid going over. Believe it or not, it took almost an hour! Now it is shiny and sparkling! I wiped down the walls, washed the door, scrubbed the floor and dusted all the tiny little spaces that always get missed, 

All of that by 11.30am.

The remainder of the day was me watching a few episodes of ‘Daisy Jones and The Six’ on Prime Video followed by my quiz shows.

There was a huge storm coming so Harley’s and my play time was very short and NOT in the pool area.

I crumbed some chicken and made some salads for dinner.

Watched the football.

Let’s see if I can be productive tomorrow 😳





Nite all.

No comments: