Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, March 27, 2023

The Magic

Today was fabulous because I received this …

I’ve waited weeks for it to arrive and when I finally got it in my hot little hands, I didn’t want to open it! I wanted to savour the moment. I kept rereading the handwriting and held the envelope close to my chest for the longest time before tenderly peeling it open to reveal the magic inside.

The letter was only half a page long, beautifully and carefully written and I think I’ve read it ten times already.

Receiving this letter today is better than all the christmases and birthdays I’ve ever had and my heart is full. It’s very special.

This morning I was preparing for a visit from Miss Maggie when I remembered that BGWLBH was still sick and I shouldn’t be inviting elderly people to share the germs!

So I phoned MM and suggested that we meet at the park or at her place instead.

I pedalled to her house for what I thought would be an hour over coffee and cake (I took some of my banana bread with me) but it turned into 3 hours 20 minutes of non stop chatter and it took all my effort to drag myself away and head home just after lunch.

That’s when I sent AH to the shops with a list which included checking the mail.

I got adventurous for dinner and made spinach, feta, ricotta pastries to have with our sausages and salads. I used pre-packaged gluten free puff pastry and they turned out ok but I think I could have rolled the pastry a little thinner. Still tasty.

Harley has been a good boy today.

Now I am off to reply to Chicklet’s letter.



Nite all.

No comments: